- Country of Origin: China.
- Plant Family: Myrtaceae.
- Method of Extraction: The oil is steam distilled from the fresh or partly dried, long and narrow leaves of the tree.
- Main Therapeutic Properties: Analgesic, Antibacterial, Anticatarrhal, Antifungal, Antiviral, Decongestant, Antirheumatic.
- Oil Appearance: Clear
- Fragrance Profile: Eucalyptus Globulus Essential Oil smells fresh, medicinal, woody and earthy.
- Perfumery Note: Top - Middle
- Chakra: Brow and Heart.
- Chinese Element: Metal
Eucalyptus Globulus is extremely useful during the winter months. It can be very effective in a steam inhalation.
Try adding 2 drops Eucalyptus, 1 drop Roman Chamomile and 1 drop Lavender to a bowl of just-boiled water. Lean over the bowl (not too close) with a towel covering your head and inhale the vapours for a few minutes. Alternatively, blend the same oils in two teaspoons of Sweet Almond oil and massage into the chest and back.