- Plant Family: Burseraceae.
- Method of Extraction: The oil is steam distilled from the gum resin.
- Properties: Antibacterial, Analgesic, Antispasmodic, Calmative, Immune tonic.
- Oil Appearance: Light yellow
- Perfumery Note: Base
- Fragrance Profile: Frankincense Essential Oil smells fresh, woody, balsamic, slightly spicy and fruity.
- Did you know: Egyptian women used to paint their eyelids with the charred gum, it produced a black powder called Kohl, much like eyeliner that we use today.
- Chakra: Base & Crown.
- Chinese Element: Earth (& Metal).
Therapeutic Grade. From Somalia
A wonderfully rejuvenating oil excellent for skin care. Emotionally, very good for muddled heads and conducive to meditation. Also beneficial to respiratory problems. Frankincense has a resinous, woody aroma and is considered by many diverse cultures as the most spiritual and prized of all essential oils.