Boswellia carteri (Somalia)
- Plant Family: Burseraceae.
- Method of Extraction: The oil is steam distilled from the gum resin.
- Properties: Antibacterial, Analgesic, Antispasmodic, Calmative, Immune tonic.
- Oil Appearance: Light yellow
- Perfumery Note: Base
- Fragrance Profile: Frankincense Essential Oil smells fresh, woody, balsamic, slightly spicy and fruity.
- Did you know: Egyptian women used to paint their eyelids with the charred gum, it produced a black powder called Kohl, much like eyeliner that we use today.
- Chakra: Base & Crown.
- Chinese Element: Earth (& Metal).
A wonderfully rejuvenating oil excellent for skin care. Emotionally, very good for muddled heads and conducive to meditation. Also beneficial to respiratory problems. Frankincense has a resinous, woody aroma and is considered by many diverse cultures as the most spiritual and prized of all essential oils.
Frankincense (Somalia) 5ML
Its classic use is for prayer or meditation as well as in skincare preparations and was frequently used in the embalming process by the Egyptians. It has a wonderful ability to still the mind.
For a luxurious, nourishing facial moisturiser, blend 2 drops of Frankincense with 1 drop of Rose (preferably Otto) in 10ml of Evening Primrose or Borage oil and apply sparingly.
To help quiet the mind after a hectic day in the office place 2 drops of Frankincense and 2 drops of Bergamot in a burner or diffuser. Alternatively blend the same oils in a teaspoon of Peach Kernel oil and add the blend to a warm bath.