- Plant Family: Lamiaceae (Labiatae).
- Method of Extraction: The oil is steam distilled from the freshly cut flowering tops.
- Main Therapeutic Properties: Analgesic, Antibacterial, Antifungal, Anti-inflammatory, Antirheumatic, Antispasmodic, Calmative.
- Oil Appearance: Clear to pale yellow.
- Fragrance Profile: Lavender Essential Oil smells floral, fresh, sweet, herbaceous and sometimes slightly fruity. It can be slightly camphorous.
- Perfumery Note: Top - Middle
- Did you know: The plant name is derived the Latin word 'Lavare' - to wash, probably from its use to cleanse wounds.