- Plant Family: Rutaceae
- Method of Extraction: The oil is expressed from the peel of lemon.
- Main Therapeutic Properties: Antiseptic, Antibacterial, Antifungal, Antirheumatic, Antispasmodic, Calmative, Digestive stimulant, Immune tonic.
- Oil Appearance: Pale green to yellow.
- Fragrance Profile: It has a light, fresh, sweet aroma.
- Perfumery Note: Top
- Chakra: Throat & Brow.
- Chinese Element: Earth (& Fire).
Therapeutic Grade. From Sicily.
This is an excellent quality lemon selected from Sicily, generally regarded as the top source for many citrus oils.
This tangy oil has a clearing effect which makes it particularly useful when recovering from general winter illness. It is very effective used in an oil burner or electric diffuser as it is antibacterial but also a good oil to refresh, uplift and clarify.
Try adding 2 drops of Lemon, 2 drops of Lavender and 1 drop of Geranium to the water in an oil burner when feeling under the weather.
For a warming bath on a cold, winter night, use 2 drops of Lemon, 2 drops of Ylang Ylang and 1 drop of Sandalwood diluted in a teaspoon of Sweet Almond oil.