Citrus aurantium var amara (flower)
- Plant Family: Rutaceae
- Method of Extraction: The oil is distilled from the flowers on the Orange blossom tree, then diluted in coconut oil 5%.
- Main Therapeutic Properties: Antibacterial, Aphrodisiac, Calmative, Uterine tonic.
- Oil Appearance: Pale Yellow to Golden
- Fragrance Profile: Neroli Essential Oil smells intensely floral, citrusy, sweet and exotic.
- Perfumery Note: Middle
- Did you know: The name of this oil came from an Italian princess who used it as her favourite perfume.
- Chakra: Sacral & Heart & Brow.
- Chinese Element: Fire (& Wood).
Therapeutic Grade. From Tunisia.
Neroli has a subtle, sweet-floral aroma. An excellent oil to use during stressful situations to calm and soothe the mind and heart. This oil comes from the blossoms (flowers) of the bitter Orange tree. Infused 5% in Cococnut Oil.
For a wonderfully fragrant bath when you feel that the stresses and strains of life are too much, try blending 2 drops of Neroli, 1 drop of Jasmine and 1 drop of Clary Sage, in a teaspoonful of Peach Kernel oil and add to a very warm bath.
Blend 1 drop each of Neroli, Geranium and Bergamot in 10ml of Sweet Almond oil and apply to the back and shoulders as a pre-interview massage oil.
When feeling delicate and vulnerable, especially after giving birth, try 2 drops of Neroli, 1 drop of Rose, and 2 of Pettigrain to a teaspoon of Jojoba, swirl the mixture into a warm bath, lie back and let the subtle aroma bathe and soothe the emotions.